Thursday 2 June 2016

Jeff's first experiences of greenkeeping. . . . . .

As most of you will know, we recently took on a new member of staff in Jeff Peace. Jeff has written a small entry for the blog to relay his first experiences in the job.

'Since joining the green keeping team on 21st March, I thought it would be nice to share some of my experiences.
I have to say what an eye opener it has been, and not just being up and ready to start at 6am every day.
I have seen first-hand how late the growth is, compared to my own lawn, something those of you who know me will realise I never previously believed could be true.
We have hopefully turned the corner now that there is some warmth in the soil. That is why we are now seeing good growth, and we now have a continual process of mowing greens every day, tees and aprons twice a week, and fairways (which take over a day to complete) once a week.
There are always other jobs that need to be done as well, and we are making good progress on improving the appearance of the course by raising canopies etc.
This means there is no time to relax, this makes the days fly by and I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying my time working here.'




Also here are a few recent photos of the course for you to enjoy. . . . .